Following are some of the points we wish all our clients to note. This is to make our Bikram class experience wonderful for all:
1. ENTER IN SILENCE, LEAVE IN SILENCE: The hot room is a place for meditation and practice. Respect yourself and your neighbors by being silent in your experience.
2. NO COMMUNICATION DEVICES IN THE HOT ROOM: This does not mean turn off the ringer, because sooner or later you will forget. Leave it in your car. Remember 90% of stress is self-induced.
3. SHOES OFF: In yoga, people put their hands, and sometimes their face on the floor. You are going to take your shoes off anyway, so please remove them at the door.
4. IF POSSIBLE, BATHE PRIOR TO YOUR PRACTICE: Please do not wear perfume or any scent. Thirty or more people sweating in a closed space is less odorous than thirty or more people all wearing different brands of perfume. Also, people with allergies can be very sensitive to perfumes.
5. PRACTICE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH: It is recommended that you do not eat at least 2 hours before you practice. If a special condition prevents this, eat easily digestible foods, i.e. fruit or yogurt one hour before class. Please refrain from smoking one hour prior to class.
6. BE FULLY COMMITTED IN THE FRONT ROW: If you are new to yoga, or aren't able to do every posture, the front row is not for you yet. If you are in the front row, you are fully committed to doing every posture and being an example for those behind you.
7. NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES IN THE STUDIO: Bottled water is recommended before, during and after practice. It is important to drink plenty of water.
8. LIMIT YOUR SHOWERS: Please refrain from taking excessively long showers right after class as it puts unnecessary strain on your body. Also, other students might be waiting for their turn as we get super busy at times. A quick 5 minute bath to wash off sweat is all that is needed and recommended to bring the body temperature back to normal and settling the benefits of your yoga practice naturally.
9. MANAGE YOUR TIME EFFICIENTLY: All students are expected to finish dressing up maximum half hour after the class is finished to have the place ready for next class. Let us know in advance or after the class if you have a need to stay beyond the published timings and we'll do our best to adjust accordingly.
10. ARRIVE ON TIME: At least 10 mins before class start time. It is not a good practice to walk into the hot room when class has started as it is not favorable to students who are trying to relax and arriving on time.