The perfect Sit Up is a stretching pose. It’s done in one smooth movement and is good for the abs and increases the flexibility of the spine.
- Strengthens and tightens abdomen
- Increases flexibility of the spine
- SIT UP Pose stretches the spine and increases flexibility, as does Half Moon.
- Both poses firm and trim the lower body, where many problem areas, especially for women, reside.
- SIT UP Pose works the muscles, ligaments and tendons of the legs and improves circulation there as well.
- Raise your arms over your head, simultaneously inhaling and sit up while keeping your legs straight and your heels on the floor.
- Use the force of throwing your arms towards your toes to help you sit up.
- Just before you’re in an upright position start exhaling and dive forward reaching for your toes which are flexed toward you.
- Grasp the toes, touching your forehead to your knees.
- Touch the floor on either side with your elbows and stretch forward twice- That’s the double jerk the teacher talks about!